History of Wasatch
Wasatch Elementary opened its doors 1946. It was built to accommodate 300 students.
1956 - enrollment was more than 500 students. At this time 6th grade was being held at North Davis Junior High. During this time construction was being completed to hold all elementary students on the Wasatch Elementary Campus.
1984/85 – Wasatch Elementary held more than 700 students. Hill Field Elementary than absorbed students who lived on base.
1986/87 – Some students were transferred to Antelope Elementary which then reduced the enrollment which was at 760 “greatly.”
Spring 2011 - Ground was broke for a new Wasatch Elementary building.
Summer 2012 – The Original Wasatch Elementary building was demolished.
Fall 2012 – Wasatch Elementary students started the school year in their new building.
2018 National ESEA Utah School of the Year for Closing the Achievement Gap among students.
2019 United Way of Salt Lake City Changemaker of the year.